Management Accounts Assistant
Closing date: 20/07/22
Department: YTL Developments
Starting Salary: Circa 30,000 GBP dependent on experience
Package: 40 hours per week, pension scheme up to 20% combined contribution, 25 days annual leave, rising to a maximum of 28 days with 5 years’ service
Are you experienced in management accounts, looking to throw yourself at one of the UK’s most exciting transformation projects? At YTL Developments we are turning the historic Filton site into a thriving new neighbourhood for Bristol, with its own 17,000 seater plus entertainment Arena. If this sounds like something you want to get involved with, our Management Accounts Assistant role will be a great opportunity for you.
As Management Accounts Assistant, reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the accountancy function in all month-end reporting and analysis. Day-to-day activities will include assisting the preparation of the monthly management accounts, contributing to the development and management of the core financial systems, working closely with accounts payable and ensuring there is control over the invoicing process.
You will be assisting with the cash management/payment process as well as undertaking general financial administration and other ad hoc duties when required.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Prepare monthly payment run for YTL group and reconcile AP.
- Prepare and postings and reconciliation on bank transactions.
- Posting of general ledger journals.
- Calculations of accruals and prepayments.
- Assist with month-close processes, reconciling and confirming the balances of AR, AP and inter-company balances.
- Support of monthly close processes and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance Manager with monthly CIS report submissions.
- Having sole responsibility for sales ledger and credit control.
- Support the finance team with day-to-day accounting activities.
- Overseeing banking and allocation of daily receipts and payment.
- Assist the Finance Manager with month-end duties.
- Assist with input of purchase ledger invoices and subcontractor certificates.
- Ad-hoc tasks as requested by Finance Manager and Finance Director.
What do I need?
- Ideally you will have a housebuilding/construction background.
- AAT qualified / or just started CIMA / ACCA.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent demonstrable customer service skills.
- Hardworking and flexible with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a great team player.
- COINS experience is desirable.
Benefits for you
- Pension – up to 20% combined contribution.
- 25 days’ holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
- Opportunity to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday.
- Life assurance (four times your salary).
- Hybrid working.
- Optimised health plan.
- Cashback and discounts from over 1,200 retailers.
- Paid volunteering day.
- Enhanced maternity leave.
- Health and wellbeing programme.
- Support from mental health first aiders.
What will you get from us?
We are proud of how we support development and career progression. We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing and hybrid working.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or adjustments to assist you in starting your journey with YTL Developments.